Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Story Behind the Ladybug


So it occurred to me that many people don’t know the story behind the ladybug. It’s actually a mother/daughter thing that started with my mom, and only seemed natural to continue with my daughter.

It started when I began going to preschool. This was, predictably, very difficult for me because I hated to be away from my mom. A lot of tears ensued, so to help me to deal, my mom used a set of ladybug pins she had been given as a gift from my godmother. They were blue ladybugs, and there was a larger one (the mommy) and a smaller one (the baby.) Well, the plan was that I would wear the mommy pin, and my mom would wear the baby pin, and when I missed her, I could rub my pin. Naturally, I wore the paint off that pin.

Fast-forward to me leaving for college. It was now my turn to give my mom a ladybug. While in Italy on a senior trip, I bought her a leather ladybug keychain for those times when she’d miss me. The ladybug had come full circle.

So now the circle expands to include Sadie. I always knew if I had a daughter, I’d want to do a ladybug theme. And it just suits Sadie so well!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Stephanie,
I have been trying for two weeks to post a comment, Your Aunt Pat is not that great with blogging,, so let's see if this goes through,,
Sadie, is georgeous! Just as beautiful as you were when you were born,, her hair is unbelievable,, I brought her picture to work and EVERYONE that passed by commented on her,,they all said she is simply beautiful!
I lost the envelope that your card came in and I want your address,, please email me at pbera1@yahoo.com,,, love you

March 29, 2009 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Steph,
Uncle Butch didnt post that blog, I did, I just used his email address,,see I told you I was challenged,! congrats to you and Nate, and grandma Arlene,, you must all be so proud of your little one, Your dad called me and was so excited, yelling, I'm a grandpa! so happy for all of you, she is one special little gift from God., love you, Aunt Pat

March 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home